Thursday, August 20, 2009

'09 Tri Season Update

Boy...it's been way too long since I posted something here. In a nutshell, this season has been really interesting to say the least. Due to an injury in May, I basically only ran in weekend races in June/July - mostly 5Ks. THAT was my run training. Despite that, the Lord blessed me with a very good season.
I call it my "Gideon Season" because in Judges 6-8, Gideon's army was reduced to 300 and he had to fight an army with 132,000. His "resource" was almost non-existent - for a military leader, that resource is soldiers. I felt like I'd have to race with no "resource," that being running miles in training. Both situations demanded complete dependency on God for the victory.
Quick recap:
June 6 - Norfolk, NE Sprint Tri - 3rd overall, 1st in Age Group - 25 seconds off of 2nd Overall.
June 13 - Brooklyn, IA Holiday Lake Sprint Tri - 4th Overall, 1st in Age Group.
June 20 - Valley, NE - Twin Rivers Sprint Tri - 1st Overall - 7th Career Overall win.
June 28 - Des Moines, IA - Hy Vee Olympic Tri - 4th in Age Group - Huge race, missed podium by 13 seconds
July 26 - USAT Sprint Tri National Championships - 6th in Age Group, Qualified for Worlds in Australia.
Was in first place in my age group heading out on the run...with not much run training, got passed by 5 guys but still ran 19 something for the 5K. Gold Coast, Australia, here we come...
August 15 - Detroit Lakes, MN - Young Life Sprint Tri - 213 finishers - 1st Overall, 8th Career Overall win.
Great encouragement here as this was my "tune up" race for Worlds.
I've been able to run 5 miles every third day. Will be posting more here as Worlds approaches and we get ready to leave. Just want to thank my sponsors for their great support and mostly thank the Lord for this "Gideon Season."

No comments: