Friday, February 26, 2010

Best Tri / Endurance Racing Products...

I've been running long distances for 30 years and racing triathlons for 16. I've tried tons of different products over the years made for every aspect of endurance training and racing. Here are a few that have totally won me over. I think these companies and their products are the best out there.

NUTRITION - Hammer Nutrition - I've been using Hammer products for well over 10 years, learning more about their products and using more of them each year. I not only use their fueling and recovery products for training and racing but also their vitamins and supplements which are fabulous. They also make excellent casual, training and racing clothing that are super comfortable and very reasonably priced. The customer support is second to none. Best staff around! www.HammerNutrition.com

EYEWEAR - Zeal Optics - I've been wearing Zeals for 3 years now and really like many things about these sunglasses. They are cutting edge in looks, yet very functional, serving well the purpose that each model is created for. For casual wear or for training and racing, they fit great and provide a clear, clean view. The models I race in are so light I don't even know I'm wearing them. www.ZealOptics.com

BIKE - Valdora Bicycles - I've been on a Valdora for five years now and could not be happier. My Valdora PHX is a full-carbon bike that is super stiff and responsive yet very comfortable and light. The full carbon weave is eye catching and makes for a sweet looking ride. The staff in Phoenix is very helpful and supportive! www.Valdoracycles.com

SWIMWEAR/GOGGLES - Barracuda - This company's swim gear is the best! I love their wide selection of goggles and partiually the Predator which is perfect for triathlons. They also have great swimwear, apparel, accessories, fins, hand paddles, etc. Their prices are excellent as well. www.BarracudaUSA.com

HYDRATION - Nathan Hydration Systems - Nathan has a huge selection of hydration products, many of which have keep me hydrated during long workouts and races too. They offer belts, hand bottles, backpacks, and a great tri gear/transition bag along with tons of other products are available, all of them make with the the athletes needs in mind. I love their stuff and use it all the time! www.NathanSports.com

WETSUIT - Xterra Wetsuits - Xterra makes a fantastic line of wetsuits from the $99 entry level Volt, to the top of the line Vendetta - Xterra has it all. The wetsuits are super flexible in the arms and shoulders but provide extra thickness from neck to toes along the front of the body where it's needed. I love my Vector Pro 2X fullsuit. It's comfortable and very fast! They also provide some great tips on swiming on their brand new website. www.Xterrawetsuits.com

THERAPY - The Stick - I'm a bit new to The Stick but have used it some and was so impressed I contacted them for sponsorship and am expecting to get my sticks tomorrow in the mail. The little that I've used them I discovered that working The Stick over my muscles felt great, caused blood flow to increase, breaking up adhesions and speeding the recovery process. The Stick comes in a variety of lengths and levels of stiffness and is recommended by people like Phil Jackson, coach of the L.A. Lakers. Check it out - www.TheStick.com

There you go. My favorite companies and products. They all rock! They all have been proven over time to be the best! Give them a try and you won't be disappointed.

No comments: