Sunday, January 25, 2015

2015 Is Rolling….

I enjoy the month of January every time it rolls around. I’m usually ready to get back to a regular schedule after a few great holiday weeks. It’s the start of a new year and I’m really pumped for this racing season. The primary reason is, it will once again be low-pressure and lots of fun.

I love to do long-term planning and planning the next few years of my tri / racing goals is something that is enjoyable and strategic for me. I plan on doing USA Triathlon National Championships next year, ’16, hopefully qualifying for Team USA and Worlds the following year, ‘17 when I age up to the 60-64 age group. But for now, it’s local and regional races, looking to keep in good shape, try to maintain as much speed as I can as I age and just having a blast.


It’s what I did last season and I learned something important. It’s not rocket science, but the less stressful the season, the better I did. I’ve done really well in recent years at Nationals and Worlds, but last season was care-free, injury-free and no pressure. I did well in every race I entered (but one) and I think it was because I was there to just enjoy the sport. Now there’s an idea!! Enjoy this craziness. So, de-stress your season and even if you have a huge “A” race, just try to chill and enjoy the whole process! 

No comments: