Friday, January 30, 2015

Speed - The Big Picture

You want to get faster? Who doesn't? So, you need to develop strategies to implement in three "time zones" so to speak. You need long-term strategies, mid-term strategies and those you can leverage in your very next race. Each workout you execute and every drill you do (you do do drills right??) should fall under one of these headings.

With some of the training I do, I know the benefits won't be realized for a number of months. Other workouts will bring me more speed in a matter of weeks or a month or two. Then, there are things I can do tomorrow in the 5K winter race series that I'm doing that can save some seconds. We'll be unpacking some tips that relate to each time category in the days ahead. Think about your next workout. Will it produce a lower finish time in your very next race, or one you've pegged as your "A" race for this summer?  More to come....

1 comment:

Paul Asay said...

Intrigued, tell me more ...